PhD candidates urged to apply for scholarship
16 Oct 2019
Applications have opened for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries to spend a year at a UK university.
Under the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, PhD candidates will spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country, to start in October 2020.
Aimed at supporting study in the UK, the scheme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
Scholarships are available under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The closing date for applications is November 6, 2019. For more information view here.