Outputs and reports
- IVART transforms and plots assay data, normalising - relative to the top and bottom constraints - and fitting a non-linear regression curve. Confidence interval and slope parameters are used to define a subset of results with a narrow confidence interval suitable for core analyses.
- Produces an automated report documenting the data curation, transformation, and analysis process. Contains a results summary which can be combined with other data sets to produce IC50 summary statistics per drug per time period, with separate presentations of field sample and reference isolate data.
- Other outputs include a graphical representation of individual assays, and spreadsheets of sample data and IC50 parameters.
Analysis details are specified in the IVART methodology. Download an example study report.
How to analyse your data using IVART
First, register on the WWARN website and create an account.
1. Upload your test results and allow WWARN’s data managers to apply IVART to your data
- WWARN will curate and analyse your data and deliver an automated study report to you.
2. Analyse your data on your own using IVART Online.
- Follow the instructions on how to use IVART Online
- Data files will be securely stored on WWARN’s servers where the access is limited to the user, it is not a requirement to share data with WWARN to use IVART Online.
If you need any help using IVART or have any technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail). Please include a screenshot of the issue and your user name.
WWARN thanks Hervé LeNagard (INSERM) for providing the 4-parameter sigmoid model and non-linear regression R codes, as well as Jake Johnson, Harald Noedl, Bruno Pradines, and the In vitro Technical Advisory Group for development discussions.
If IC50 estimates generated by IVART are included in publications or presentations, please cite the following publication:
Woodrow CJ, Dahlström S, Cooksey R, Flegg JA, Le Nagard H, Mentré F, Murillo C, Ménard D, Nosten F, Sriprawat K, Musset L, Quashie NB, Lim P, Fairhurst RM, Nsobya SL, Sinou V, Noedl H, Pradines B, Johnson JD, Guerin PJ, Sibley CH, Le Bras J. High-throughput analysis of antimalarial susceptibility data by the WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN) in vitro analysis and reporting tool. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013 Jul;57(7):3121-30. Pubmed ID: 23612201