1. Black, R. E. et al. Maternal and child undernutrition and overweight in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet 382, 427–451 (2013).
2. Nyakeriga, A. M., Troye-Blomberg, M., Chemtai, A. K., Marsh, K. & Williams, T. N. Malaria and nutritional status in children living on the coast of Kenya. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 80, 1604–1610 (2004).
3. Ehrhardt, S. et al. Malaria, anemia, and malnutrition in african children--defining intervention priorities. J. Infect. Dis. 194, 108–114 (2006).
4. Genton, B., Al-Yaman, F., Ginny, M., Taraika, J. & Alpers, M. P. Relation of anthropometry to malaria morbidity and immunity in Papua New Guinean children. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 68, 734–741 (1998).
5. Murray, M. J., Murray, A. B., Murray, N. J. & Murray, M. B. Diet and cerebral malaria: The effect of famine and refeeding. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 31, 57–61 (1978).
6. Snow, R. W., Byass, P., Shenton, F. C. & Greenwood, B. M. The relationship between anthropometric measurements and measurements of iron status and susceptibility to malaria in Gambian children. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 85, 584–589 (1991).
7. Müller, O., Garenne, M., Kouyaté, B. & Becher, H. The association between protein-energy malnutrition, malaria morbidity and all-cause mortality in West African children. Trop. Med. Int. Heal. 8, 507–511 (2003).
8. P. Mitangala Ndeba, U. D’Alessandro, P. Hennart, P. Donnen, D. Porignon, G. Bisimwa Balaluka, A. Bisimwa Nkemba, N. C. M. and M. D. W. Efficacy of Artesunate Plus Amodiaquine for Treatment of Uncomplicated Clinical Falciparum Malaria in Severely Malnourished Children Aged 6–59 Months, Democratic Republic of Congo. Clin. Exp. Pathol. (2012). doi:10.4172/2161-0681.S3-005
9. Verret, W. J. et al. Effect of nutritional status on response to treatment with artemisinin-based combination therapy in young Ugandan children with malaria. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 55, 2629–2635 (2011).
10. Hess, F. I. et al. Anti-malarial drug resistance, malnutrition and socio-economic status. Trop. Med. Int. Health 2, 721–728 (1997).
11. WHO. WHO child growth standards: length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age: methods and development. (2006).